Workflow vs Process
Workflows address tasks, processes address business goals.
- usually ordered sequence of steps to complete a task (“tactical”)
- each workflow may have multiple related processes (??)
- each workflow depends on processes
- at least partially automated
- rule-based: fully automated so can take unlimited input without needing more employees
- congnitive: requires human gathering/structuring data
- e.g. “get approval from each manager”
- meet a business goal (“strategic”)
- each process usually has only 1 related workflow (??)
I think the article mistakenly swapped the two () points above. To me, a big-picture goal has many small tasks, not the other way around.